Custom Orthotics Benefits for Any Footwear Type
Wearing custom orthotics will be there to provide you with a lot of great options to keep your feet protected. Since they can be designed to work with your unique feet, they will provide relief when other tools and medical devices fail, without surgery or other invasive procedures.
One question that many people will have when it comes to picking out a pair of custom orthotics is whether they can wear them with all types of footwear or if they need to wear them with a specific type of shoe to get the best results possible. Let’s take a closer look at custom orthotics and see what footwear you should wear with them.
What are Custom Orthotics?
Custom orthotics are an insert you can put into your shoes to help correct some of the common issues that will happen in the feet. You can get them designed to work with some of the foot conditions you are dealing with, which will make them more effective than other medical treatments you can choose.
Since you can design these orthotics to work well with your body and your specific feet, you can design them to work with the shoes that are best for you. If you have to wear a specific type of shoe for most of the day, you can choose to bring those into the appointment to ensure that the insert is going to fit in well and will still provide comfort and support.
You will work with your doctor, or the designer, to ensure you can get the best custom orthotic for your needs. No matter the foot condition, the type of shoe you have to wear, and more, the custom orthotic will work well for your feet and provide you with the support you need, making them one of the best choices for your feet.
When Can I Use Custom Orthotics?
There are a lot of conditions that a pair of custom orthotics can help out with. When you have some common issues with your feet, then a pair of custom orthotics will provide you with some relief along the way.
The good news is that a pair of custom orthotics can help you with many different issues with the foot. Whether you notice some pain in the ball of your foot, heel pain from heel spurs or plantar fasciitis, hammertoes and bunions, neuromas, and knee pain, you will find that the best custom orthotics can help solve the problem and give you some relief.
Do Custom Orthotics Work for All Types of Footwear?
It is possible to create a pair of custom orthotics for any type of shoe you would like to wear. You will need to bring along the pair of shoes you plan to utilize the most when you wear the orthotic, but it is possible to make adjustments to the orthotic so that it will fit into the shoe you would like to wear.
For example, if you have to wear work boots for work all the time, you can choose to bring those along and make sure the custom orthotic will fit inside the work boot well. If you need to wear dress shoes or tennis shoes or even sandals most of the day for work, the custom orthotic can be designed to fit into the shoe well.
You and your doctor can discuss how you plan to use the orthotic to make sure that it fits into your shoe well and will provide you with the amount of comfort you are looking for along the way. No matter the type of footwear you plan to use, a custom orthotic will provide you with some of the support you need.
Custom Orthotics Benefits
There are a lot of benefits to choosing to go with a pair of custom orthotics. They can help to fix some of the problems you have with your feet, no matter what is wrong with the feet and what is causing them a lot of pain. Some of the benefits of choosing a pair of custom orthotics include:
- Improve your gait: A good pair of custom orthotics will be there to help improve your gait and keep you moving strong for years to come. When there is something wrong with your walk, then changing it up with a pair of orthotics can be a smart decision.
- Help with balance and posture: When you start to wear your custom orthotics, you will notice that they significantly help with your posture and balance. This will help prevent falls and injuries and will put the whole body back in alignment. This will help you feel better overall.
- Reduce pain: Custom orthotics are going to be there to provide you with some relief from common foot and leg pain. When you start to notice that there is a ton of pain in your feet and legs and ankles from normal movement, it is time to put on a pair of custom orthotics to see if this will make a big difference.
- Made for your foot: Custom orthotics are designed specifically for your feet. This can keep them safe and protected. If you need extra cushioning, arch support, or something else, the orthotic will relieve some concerns.
- Prevent injury: When you correct issues with the foot early on, you can prevent injuries from stepping down wrong.
- Allow you to heal: If you already have an injury to the feet, a pair of custom orthotics can help to fight this off. It can put the foot into alignment, giving it time to heal and feel better overall.
- Can prevent foot disorders: When you get a custom orthotic ahead of time, you can protect the foot and avoid issues with foot disorders in the future. And when they are designed to work with your specific footwear, you can keep your feet healthy and happy.
With the right amount of support, help for the arches, and cushioning within the orthotic, you will find that a custom orthotic can provide a ton of benefits for the whole body. Talking with your doctor will make a world of difference and can help your body feel much better overall.
Choosing a Good Pair of Custom Orthotics
It is important to pick out a good pair of orthotics that can provide you with a good amount of support, no matter the type of footwear you decide to put on each day. Our foot specialists will step in and provide you with the assistance you need, making it easier than ever to create a custom orthotic that will fit your foot and give you the relief you need.